How to fix website not opening without www prefix from Blogger

There are many bloggers who have purchased domains for their blogs, but there is one big mistake they make unknowingly which results in making their regular followers get bit irritated. The problem I am talking about is general and might look stupid when I tell you the solution.

The problem many bloggers encounter is that they have the domain but their website doesn't open without the www prefix but will open if you type the whole web address. my-domain.com will not open unless you write it as www.my-domain.com.

Now let's talk about the easy peasy solution to this big problem. I assume that you would have already made changes in your domain's DNS settings like CNAME, A record, etc. and you might have also added a custom domain, i.e., your purchased domain in your Blogger's blog settings. But you forgot doing the following thing:

  • Go to Settings of your blog, the one which uses the custom domain.
  • Click on the Publishing tab, and click Edit.
  • Check mark the Redirect my-domain.com to www.my-domain.com. (Note: my-domain.com is just an example, in your case it should be your domain name.)

Done! Simple as that. Now enjoy 404 Error free browsing of your blog with www prefix problem solved.

For any assistance or help, buzz me on tech3lper@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gallery

About

Your one stop solution for various queries about anything and everything you can think of. Drop an email to me asking your question about anything. Email me at: tech3lper@gmail.com
Register your domain name before anyoneelse does
Advertise here
 Advertise here

Blog Archive

Designed By SBT